HOME

Saturday 30 May 2009

Scrapbook 6x6 continues

Here is a few more scrapbook pages that I have created for my Sisters 25th Anniversary. As mentioned previously this is a 6x6" sized book which is proving harder to complete than 12x12" due to the messing around with photos. I have distorted the face of each picture as its a child and there is no control over pictures uploaded to the web. I have also smudged her date of birth on the photo. I know you were thinking that my picture taking is really bad but it's not that bad!
I have used my Hot Foil Wizard to inscribe the name Ellen on the tab. The tab can be pulled down to reveal hidden journalling. I've left it blank so that my Sister can record her own thoughts. I have done the same on the second page. I have used Papers/Card - K&Co Classic double sided papers and Red Bazzill card white card for the big flower and red velvet paper for the small flower in the centre. Tools - Spellbinders Nestability Labels Four, Flower Die, Leaf Die, Hot Foil Wizard Punch - Heart and Oak Leaf Embossing Folder - Cuttlebug Birds & Swirls Ink - Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Aged Mahogany Copic Ciao Pens - To colour the leaves Mica Powders - Bronze & Gold Peel Offs - Gold Butterflies Gelly Roll - White pen
Here is the second page Finally a close-up of the flower.
To make this, I punched out a large flower using the spellbinder die, embossed it using the cuttlebug birds and swirls folder (you can use a brass stencil design if you have one). I then coloured the design with the Tim Holtz ink pad by dragging it over the flower. Mica powders were brushed around the edges while the ink was still wet (click on the picture for a closer look) . Finally, I used a white pen to roughly draw around the embossed edge. I really liked the end result. To finish off I made a centre piece using eight hearts punched out of red velvet paper. These were glued to a green Prima flower shape using silicone.
I wasn't lucky enough to win the Truly Scrumptious challenge last week but had some lovely comments left by the design team which was very nice to read, so thank you. Over at the Truly Scrumptious blog for the next fortnight the challenge is to make a card using folds. The design team have created beautiful cards to give you inspiration. You can check out their blog by clicking on their name, under the Wednesday heading, to the right of this post. Thanks for looking.