HOME

Tuesday 14 February 2012

EAC - Christmas Countdown Card

Good morning crafting buddies.
It's Tuesday and time for another challenge from
Everybody Art Challenge.
This week we would like to see a project using a calendar.
Be sure to check out my fellow DT for lots of inspiration.
My design is an Advent Calendar, known as a Christmas Countdown card. My first Christmas card for the year.

So what have I done to put this card together:
To make the countdown I followed the instructions created by Tanja over at Stempeleinmaleins.

The image is Sweet Christmas Tilda coloured with Copics.
I recently signed up for a class over at Color Me Creative - class 5 and one of the techniques is to use a flicking motion to blend instead of my tried and trusted circles. This method uses less ink and I've got to say it didn't come easy but I'm pleased with the result.

I've used Basic Grey Jovial papers and also made my own with a Magnolia snowflake image.
Distress ink was used to edge the paper along with white embossing powder.
I found the ribbon in my ever growing stash and figured a large bow would be the perfect finishing embellishment.
That's about it for now. I hope you can join us this week.

Jenny