HOME

Monday 7 September 2009

6x6 Scrapbook - Silver Wedding

These 6x6 pages are of my eldest Nephew. He always had his head in a book and received top marks at school hence the star and book theme. There is not much you can put on a small page when you want to add lots of photos. I have used K&Co Ancestry papers. There is a tag behind the baby picture ready for journalling. Below are pages from my second Nephew who was also very good at school but I didn't want to use the same embellishments so I made buttons. I was having a mental block of what to put on these pages until my better half came up with buttons. These are made from card, coloured with copics and glazed. I also used faux stitching around the edges to give a little more interest to the page. I have left a small space for journalling. By the time I had finished these pages I had had enough. I was itching to make a card and enter it into a challenge blog but couldn't. I just had to keep going until it was finished. Below are the pages I did for my third Nephew. Time really wasn't on my side so I had to speed up. I quite like the simplicity of these pages and the papers used are gorgeous. I used a music theme although Josh is more into listening to music than playing an instrument, I'm sure he didn't mind me using my artistic licence. My final four pages are of my eldest Nephew's Wedding. The week before the wedding, Oxfordshire where I live was hit with rain and terrible floods. It was so bad I couldn't get to work for three days and my other half missed the stag night that was taking place 80 miles away. The day of the wedding couldn't have been more different. It was blazing sunshine all day and only started to rain later in the evening. I have sepia toned the pictures and coloured the plants and flowers. The embellishments were made using the spellbinder heart nestabilities and the spellbinder flowers die. I have distressed the papers with brown distress inks. The final pages I have kept bright and cheerful. the flowers were made using the spellbinders die and finished in the middle with shop bought roses. The beautiful wedding cake, although not easy to see, was made by my Sister including all the iced flowers and leaves. At last this is over and so is my wedding invitation orders. I now have four projects to fulfill, one birthday card and three wedding cards. One day I will be able to use all the new stamps I have bought that are sat in a drawer waiting for some attention! Thanks for looking. Jenny