HOME

Friday 1 May 2009

Fit for a Queen - Card Competition

This week I have been busy working on a card to enter into a competition being run by Quick Cards. To enter you had to make a birthday card for the Queen who will be 83yrs in June and send a birthday message. The closing date is Tuesday 5th May and true to form I have left until the last minute to get my entry in. The beautiful fairy is a stamp by Pink Gem Designs, named Sprinkles Fairy. I ordered it off the website and it arrived the next day. I coloured her in using copic caio markers set B. The papers are from K&Co, Basic Grey, Bazill, Glitter card and some red handmade paper with sparkles on. Not sure where this came from. I made the larger leaves using a spellbinders die. The other leaves I made using a cheap small oak leaf punch and attached a number of them to a branch shape I cut out. I know a lot of people have bought the Martha Stewart branch punch but it is pricey at £10.95 so I improvised and used what I already have in my stash. It's going to be a busy weekend as I have a wedding invitation order to complete and various cards that need to be made. This card was made using a sketch found on Tiets blog. I didn't use the exact measurements given. http://simplyscrapcards.blogspot.com/2009/04/1-sketch-3-cards.html