HOME

Sunday 9 January 2011

Sugar Nellie - Gorgeous Girl

It's Monday already and lucky for me I am still in time to enter the challenge over at the Sugar Bowl Blog. There is a great sketch to follow created by Marlene with an optional extra of using embossing somewhere on your card, oh and not forgetting it has to be a Sugar Nellie image.
For my entry I have used one of the Gorgeous Girls. I have had this image for such a long time and have never inked her up. Shameful, I know. This is probably a good indicator that I have too many craft items that are just not getting used.
My other half has set me a challenge and himself not to buy any craft/hobby items for the next two months. I agreed to this knowing that I have a room overflowing with things to use and being competitive thought I would win this hands down. Unfortunately, I have already failed because I have booked myself on a Copic weekend retreat in March. What's a girl to do, its an entire weekend of learning and crafting right on my doorstep in Oxfordshire. So....I've let him win this one!
Anyway back to the card.
The base card is black paper of which I have embossed and then rubbed over with silver ink to pick up the design. The papers are from Basic Grey Ambrosia. I have used black and orange card punch with a Martha Stewart punch and then covered with orange ribbon and a black satin ribbon crunched up. I found the lovely big button in a drawer. it kind of looks like an extra strong mint. Finally, the three flowers at the top are from Prima and the image was coloured with Prisma Pencils and to add some sparkle I glittered around the edge of the oval shape. I now have some blending tools to use with the pencils so am looking forward to some time using it.
Have a great week crafting.
Jenny