HOME

Monday 18 January 2010

Shabby Chic - Simon Says Stamps Challenge DT Call

This week over at Simon Says Stamps Challenge they are offering two lucky people the chance of joining their design team. I thought I would have a go and enter this card. The theme is "Shabby Chic. Click here to check out their blog for all the info including the chance of winning $25 P&P free shopping spree. I have used another stamp from Stamping Bella. This little beauty is called Charlotte Ketto. I coloured her with copics, E31, E57, 0, RV000 & R20. A circle nestability cut the shape, the edge was distressed with Antique Linen distress ink and a pair of scissors. I sewed around the circle in a messy way (not difficult for me). The papers are from the K&Co Ancestry range and the pink stripes are from the Papermania Regency Pad. Shabby Chic means to me well worn but elegant. To create this effect I have edged the backing paper with vintage distress ink and then sanded the edges with an emery board to get the white worn edges. Using the same paper I have cut out the blue rose and inked the edges and attached it to another piece of paper from the same pad which I ripped, inked and curled. I sewed around the edges. The pink stripped paper I ripped, inked and embossed with diamonds before sanding lightly to distress further. The sentiment was printed from the computer and then I cut around it and roughed up the edges. To finish I used a satin ribbon and lace together with a nice big bow and finally added two silver hearts. Thanks for looking and good luck if you decide to enter. Jenny