HOME

Tuesday 12 January 2010

Fun in the Snow - Everybody Art Challenge No.73

This week over at Everybody Art Challenge the theme is snow. I for one would like the weather to change, as trying to manage a team of people and ensure they stay safe but get the job done is becoming an increasing headache. Unfortunately forensic pathology waits for no one and so closing a department for days on end is not an option. On top of that the nasty cold I mentioned at the beginning of the year has come back with avengence. The sore throat is so bad its difficult to swallow and is not helped by the dry tickly cough. The pounding headache makes it difficult to concentrate and the aches and changing temperature makes me want to curl up and hibernate. Some days are better than others and its on these days that I try to work on my card designs. I have kept this design quick and simple. I know lots of people are having fun in the snow so found a lovely digital stamp created by Mo Manning called Toboggan . You can purchase this design at Digital Pencil Too. To make the card I have embossed the background using the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots. I cut the shape using my Spellbinders largest label Nestabilities and then embossed it with the Spellbinders Snowflake Impressabilities. A blue ink pad was used to pick up the design. I coloured the image using Copics and then cut it out, shaped the edges and used foam pads to lift it off the page. The snow at the bottom of the page was made by ripping strips of white paper, layering them up and using wet glue to stick glitter on to it. I have gone mad with the stickles glue using it to edge the card and put a little bling on the image. Its not easy to see but I have also covered some of the dots to make it look like snow falling. Finally I have tied some organza ribbon around the spine and attached a sentiment using a holographic sticker. Copics used for the clothes were YG11, YG23, YG63, B00, B02, B05, RV02, RV06, C1, C3, C5 I apologise for not leaving comments on your blogs for all the lovely artwork you create but am hoping this will change over the next week or so. Take care and stay safe. Jenny