HOME

Tuesday 10 April 2012

EAC - Breast Cancer Awareness - Spring Card

Good morning crafters.
I hope you have had an enjoyable Easter break.
My weekend has been taken up with playing Mum to 5 baby Ducklings that hatched a week ago.
They are a little camera shy but I managed to get a couple of photos.


Unfortunately, they don't stay like this for long, in 6 weeks time they will be fully grown Khaki Campbells wreaking havoc in my garden.
OK so back to this week's challenge over at Everybody Art Challenge, today we would like to see your "Spring" projects.
My card uses Spring pastel colours but instead of using the usual Spring related images I have used a freebie digi called Boobie Love from Saturated Canary. This is in support of
Breast Cancer Awareness and as its Spring there are a number of up and coming events taking place around the country.
I've made this card for a family member that has managed to beat the illness, luckily.
Inspiration for the finished card came from the base card, it's ribbed texture is so tactile I wanted to show more than I usually do and it is about as clean and simple as I can do.
Materials used:
Paper and layering - pink Bazzill card, Basic Grey paper, stitched around the edge.
Image - Freebie from Saturated Canary (you need to become a follower).
Medium - Copics - V000,V01, V04, W1, W3, E50, E31, Skin E000,E00,E21,R11,R20, Hair E50, E31
Prisma Pencils for highlighting - Sepia on hair and 70% Cool Grey on clothing
Embellishments - Pink satin ribbon, pearl brad, Letraset words and Happy Birthday stamped image on Kraft card.

Thanks for stopping by today.
Jenny