HOME

Tuesday 24 January 2012

EAC - Geeky Love - I Adore You

Happy Tuesday people.
It's time for another weekly challenge over at Everybody Art Challenge. This week we want to see swirls on your project.

For most crafters swirls are easy to add to a card but not for me. I spent an age going through all my papers trying to find swirls and finally settled on Basic Grey. The image is a digi from Make It Crafty called Geeky Love. I really like this image but unfortunately printed it just a little too big and that made it harder to come up with a card layout.......so I kept it simple.

The image was a dream to colour and gave me the opportunity to practice colouring folds. I've recently signed up to take Class 5 by Suzanne Dean at Color Me Creative and one of the lessons is to colour folds using Copics. Um....a little more work on my part I feel.

I am trying to get out of my comfort zone as I tend to always go for the Copic colours that I find easiest to use, pink isn't one of them. For some reason they always seem flourescent and difficult to blend. For this card I have used the RV range.
The boy's jumper was coloured using Ws and the trousers were Es and Ws.
I used a Spellbinders heart nestability for the background. To get this effect I lightly traced around the edge with a pencil and then coloured the heart using RV000, taking light strokes from the outside to the middle.

Embellishments were kept to a minimum because too many didn't look right. In the end I settled for Prima flowers, brads, gem swirls and a Tim Holtz sentiment.

I would like to enter the following challenges:
Corrosive Challenge - I Heart You
Wags n Whiskers - Valentine/Love

Thanks for stopping by today.
Jenny