HOME

Sunday, 3 April 2011

Sing for your Supper

Happy Mothering Sunday.
Today I would like to share a card with you that I have made for my Dad.
Whilst blog hopping I came across the cutest image by La Pashe showcased on Jak Heath's blog. The image is called "We're Hungry" and as soon as I seen the chicks scrawny little necks and open mouths I knew this image would be perfect to use for one of my Dad's cards (he breeds small birds) and there is always a chick or two to take a peek at.
I wanted to keep the card simple so that the image remained the main focus of attention and Domi's sketch over at Simon Says Stamp fits the bill.

I printed the image twice so that I could decoupage some of the leaves, only three in this case but hopefully you can see them. Below is a closer view of the chicks and the leaves. How cute are they?

I wanted the card to be distressed (not the image), to achieve this I very roughly inked the card edges and paper edges before using my scissors to distress further. I wanted to stitch the paper but again wanted this to look very rough (and it does!).

Materials used:

Card/Paper - Craftwork Cards Back 2 Basics card / First Edition Up Up & Away / Craft Creations - Brown Kraft paper

Image / Sentiment - La Pashe - We're Hungry / LOTV - Times to Treasure

Copics - Chicks - E00, E02, E11, W3 / Leaves - YG03, YG17, YG67, G29 / Nest - E53, Y28, E57, E79

Ink - Vintage Photo Distress Ink

Embellishments - Feather, Button

After searching for challenges, it looks as though I can enter quite a few this weekend. They are:

Catch the Bug - Anything Goes

Craft us Crazy - Easter/Spring

Dutch Dare - Distressing

Fairy Fun Fridays - Oh so Spring

Fussy & Fancy - Zipper or Feather

Little Miss Muffet - Stitching

Simon Says Stamp - Domi's sketch

Stamp Something - Use a digi

Totally Papercrafts - One for the boys

Thanks for stopping by today.

Jenny

11 comments:

heidy said...

Oh Jenny,I simple love this card,everthing match so well
It's gorgeous it's adorable cute
Just Wow
Hugs Heidy

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Awww, I love this! Your coloring is fabulous! Thanks for playing in our challenge at Catch The Bug!

Donna said...

Oh wow your dad is going to love this Jenny, adorable card and fabulous stitching. Thanks for joining in the Little Miss Muffet Challenge, hope to see you again. Donna x

~Vittory~ said...

Wow! Great job and lovely colouring! Feather is great idea!
Thank you for playing with Little Miss Muffet Challenges. Hope to see you again.
With best wishes,
Viktoria.

Rica said...

Oh Jenny, this is SO adorable!!! A perfect card for you father, I just love that image and your colouring and decoupaging is perfection!! The addition of the feather to embellish it is inspired.

So glad you could join us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge,
hugs
Heather xx

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Aww good sentiment! I like the feather embellishment too!!

Thanks so much for sharing your work with us at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah

ChickieChirps said...

Gorgeous colouring and I love that feather! The stitching just makes it! Thank you for joining us at the Little Miss Muffet Challenge!

Arabella

Craftyanny said...

Love it!!! What a fab image. Super duper colour work too
Thanks for playing along with Totally Papercrafts
Anne x

Jodie Mackrell said...

great card! love the embellishments. thank you for joining this weeks Bugaboo challenge at catch the bug!

...just Barbara said...

This is so cute and springy and I LOVE your coloring! The leaves are fantastic and the little embellishments are perfect. Thanks for playing in the "Stitching" challenge at Little Miss Muffet Stamps! :D

Julie said...

How adorable! Your feather is the perfect accent. Thanks for joining us at Craft Us Crazy
Hugs,
julie