HOME

Tuesday, 1 December 2009

Everybody Art Challenge No. 68 - Stitching Real or Faux & Stamp Something - Thanks

This is my contribution to this weeks challenge over at Everybody Art Challenge, the theme being stitching real or faux. I am also going to enter it into the Stamp Something Challenge. Boy was this a challenge for me. I have an aversion to sewing machines and a needle and thread. I think it stems from my school days when I took a whole term to make a top only to find one side was smaller than the other and hours of work had to be unpicked. I never did finish it!
To ensure there were no tears I pricked holes in the paper measuring the gaps with a ruler and then hand sewed using the holes as a guide. I can't sew straight even with a straight line but never mind I think it gives the card a rustic look! That's what I think and I'm sticking to it.
I have added stickles glue for the bling and a black gem for the ring.
I've added a couple of charm brads although not easy to see. The first is a cosmetic bag, the second a made with love envelope. The flower is a midnight blue rose bought from ebay (Mulberry Crafts UK), I think there were 50 in the bag for about £2.50. Below that is a blue prima flower - Painterly Petals Morning Silk To finish it off I coloured a cherry blossom flower and added a couple of rose buds. and finally a circle of navy paper roughly cut.
Other items used: Paper/Card - Bazzill - Great Lakes, Paper Salon - Enamored Heart Filagree K&Co - Amy Butler Lotus Faded China ANW Crestwood - Ivory Floral on white matt Embellishments - Black gems, button, black ribbon, white lace, blue sequins Image - Stamps Happen - Paris Socialite Medium - Ranger Distress Ink - faded Jeans Copics - B02, B12, B93, C5, C7 Thanks for looking. Jenny

12 comments:

Mephisto said...

Very brilliant card hun!
Wonderful image!

Hugs
Domi

Erin... said...

so pretty!! wonderful colors and what a stunning image! Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something this week:)

Iris said...

Your card is absolut brilliant and your colouring is perfect.

Hugs
Iris

April Rose said...

This is stunning! I love the elegant colors and image. Great stitching too! :)
Hugs,
April

having a {me} day said...

WOW!! This is stunning! Love the blue & black combo. Gorgeous image and fabulous detail. kxx

mueppi said...

Wow... what a brillant card and such a wonderful image!!!
The colours are great!
Hugs Gisela

Geli said...

wow...the colors and this wife...all together are wonderful...lG Geli

Heather said...

Wow!! So Chic.. Love that beautiful image. Great job!!

Silli said...

wowzers... this is beautiful, love the image and your coloring!!!

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow Jenny, this is truly beautiful. Loving the monochromtic colours and the vintage image really is striking and of cours that flower arrange is so creative.
Hugs
Desire

Kim Piggott said...

Wow!
This is so beautiful!
What superb colouring and your design and detail is gorgeous!
hugs
kim x

debby4000 said...

WOW this is amazing, such stunning work.
luv
Debby