HOME

Monday, 14 September 2009

First Dance - Dutch Dare & Stamp Something Challenge

Another Wedding card. This time for a friends daughter. Just one more wedding card to make and then its on to the next batch of birthday cards. I haven't used a sketch from a challenge blog because I couldn't find one that fitted what I wanted to do but I am entering this card into the Dutch Dare Challenge which was to take colour inspiration from a photo and the Stamp Something Challenge which was to use your favourite embellishment. My favourite has to be ribbon but I also like to make my own paper embellishments where I can. After tying the ribbon into a bow I twisted the ends into ringlets and then attached it into place with silicone. I love the dry embossing technique because I can create something reasonably quickly that looks elegant and expensive. I never seem to use it enough on my cards because I always want to try and do something different with each creation. I have used a beautiful stamp from Sugar Nellie called First Dance. It was a dream to colour with my copics. It was so easy I stamped it twice and then layered one on top the other. This is a sign of a good stamp for me because if it takes me too long to colour I can't be bothered to create a copy. To make this card: Card/Paper - 6x6 white square card, Bazzil Bling Chandler, Ice White Stardream paper, Bristol Board Image - Sugar Nellie First Dance Medium - Copics, ColorBox Blue ink for the background and pink for the paper rose Embellishments - Ribbon, White Paper Rose, Hearts, Pearls Dies - Spellbinders Hearts Nesties. Embossing Plates - Swiss Dots & Birds & Swirls Text - Hot Foil Wizard I hope you like the card and thanks for looking. Jenny

8 comments:

Erin... said...

so pretty the embossing on the white layers looks fabulous. Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something this week!

Kelly Schelske said...

It's gorgeous! Love the embossing and the way you've done the ribbon, so pretty!

Thanks for playing along with us at DDCC!

Hugs, Kelly

Karin said...

This is so beautifull.
love the design, fabulous image and love what you did with the ribbon.
Thanks for joining the DDCC.

xoxo karin

Jenny said...

Wow! What a beautiful card!!

Rach said...

a wonderful card, hugs rachxx

Cathy said...

Beautiful card and a fabulous take on the colour inspiration.
Thank you for joining in the DDCC this time.
Cathy xx

Chris said...

Absolutely beautiful card Jenny! Such a sweet image and your colouring and design are wonderful. Love the way you did the ribbon and all the embossing too. Chris x

Carole said...

Beautiful card, I love the sweet image.
Hugs
Carole x