HOME

Monday 14 September 2009

First Dance - Dutch Dare & Stamp Something Challenge

Another Wedding card. This time for a friends daughter. Just one more wedding card to make and then its on to the next batch of birthday cards. I haven't used a sketch from a challenge blog because I couldn't find one that fitted what I wanted to do but I am entering this card into the Dutch Dare Challenge which was to take colour inspiration from a photo and the Stamp Something Challenge which was to use your favourite embellishment. My favourite has to be ribbon but I also like to make my own paper embellishments where I can. After tying the ribbon into a bow I twisted the ends into ringlets and then attached it into place with silicone. I love the dry embossing technique because I can create something reasonably quickly that looks elegant and expensive. I never seem to use it enough on my cards because I always want to try and do something different with each creation. I have used a beautiful stamp from Sugar Nellie called First Dance. It was a dream to colour with my copics. It was so easy I stamped it twice and then layered one on top the other. This is a sign of a good stamp for me because if it takes me too long to colour I can't be bothered to create a copy. To make this card: Card/Paper - 6x6 white square card, Bazzil Bling Chandler, Ice White Stardream paper, Bristol Board Image - Sugar Nellie First Dance Medium - Copics, ColorBox Blue ink for the background and pink for the paper rose Embellishments - Ribbon, White Paper Rose, Hearts, Pearls Dies - Spellbinders Hearts Nesties. Embossing Plates - Swiss Dots & Birds & Swirls Text - Hot Foil Wizard I hope you like the card and thanks for looking. Jenny