HOME

Friday 8 May 2009

Silver Wedding - Embossing & Punching

This is a card I made for a Silver Wedding celebration. My brief was to use the colours black, white and silver and a photo of the happy couple. Unfortunately, the photo was taken back in the 80s and the quality was not so great. I decided to make a simple and elegant card. I have used black stardream card for the base. Silver glitter card for the layer and opal stardream paper embossed using the cuttlebug textile embossing folder for the top layer. It's not easy to see but the photo has been pyramaged and mounted onto silver glitter card and silver stardream paper. I have used the 3-in-one punch from Kreations and my hot foil wizard pen for the sentiment. To finish I have used black grosgrain ribbon and a graphite organza ribbon bow. The finished design looked much better than my terrible picture and more importantly my customer was happy. Thanks for looking, I hope you liked the card.