HOME

Sunday 26 April 2009

Bizzzy Doing Nothing - Dawnys Sketch No. 4 - Papertake Weekly Challenge

My Mum retired recently and was given a very nice send-off by her work buddies. To say thank you I made a card that she could send them. Whilst spending many hours trawling the internet, I came across this lovely sketch created by Dawny at Papertake Weekly Challenge. I didn't enter the challenge because it was set in December 2008 and I hadn't found the wonderful world of craft blogs at that time. I changed the layout slightly because I wanted my sentiment to curve across the page. It took me a good hour to figure out how to do the wording but I got there. I used K&Co paper for the background, Bazzil card embossed with the flower cuttlebug folder, Glitter card, although the photo doesn't pick up the sparkle (it was an overcast day) Spellbinder flower die Bee rubber stamp Star gems and a brad. My pre-order of the Gorjuss Girls has arrived this weekend, lucky me. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to play with them yet as I am in the middle of completing a wedding invitation order. That's it for today, I'm losing valuable crafting time.